Friday, May 27, 2011

Baby babble

Baby laughter and babbling have to be two of the best sounds in the world.

LilO has FINALLY started to babble. When we went to see her pediatrician for her 9 month appointment he had asked if she was repeating syllables (babababa, etc) and I told him she had. Once. She said "ba-ba" the evening before.

But all the other babies are already babbling.... I thought and thankfully kept it to myself.

I was obviously concerned, he was obviously not. "Perfect!", he said. No red flag since she has shown she CAN do it but will do it more whenever she wants. Just what a paranoid first time mother needs to hear.

Well let me tell you... she has been babbling NONSTOP for the past week! Very serious babbling indeed. All sorts of abababa, papapa, addddadda, mamamama, muummumaaa in every waking hour, with some isolated and clear "papa" and "mama". How wonderful this is!

Do I notice a difference of sounds when she's around me or around her dad? French vs Spanish or English. I do! Or maybe it's just wishful thinking and my imagination.  I'm enjoying it though, I can't lie. 

No comments:

Post a Comment