Thursday, May 26, 2011

Back to sleep?

I've been wondering when it's considered "safe" to leave LilO sleeping on her tummy. She is now 10.5 months old.

It's been a couple of days where MLDad turns her around before we go to sleep since we find her on her stomach instead of on her back like we set her down. I have two friends who lost their children to SIDS and although we will never know what happened with those little angels, I admit I am maybe paranoid about this situation.

On the other side, I know of a lot of moms who let their children sleep on their tummies as soon as they start rolling over since they seem so sleep better that way.

What do you think?

2 comments:

  1. Once my daughter (almost 9 mths) figured out how to roll from her tummy to her back and then back to her tummy she ALWAYS rolled to her stomach when we put her to bed. We used to go in there and flip her but I asked my doctor about it at her 6 month visit and she said that I don't need to flip her because the risk of SIDS has significantly decreased at this point.

    I think its whatever you're most comfortable with (and what position LilO is most comfortable sleeping in!)

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's pretty much the advice I get everywhere, and also what we have ended up doing. I was turning her over twice before going to bed and risking waking her up because of it each time. I think slowly I'm getting used to the idea I suppose.... BUT I go in to check on her twice as much now!

    ReplyDelete